About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

So...

So, I received word that my results for the examinations were out today/tonight/this morning. I hadn't failed anything till the final year project. Not to be optimistic, but I was expecting to fail once more at the retry of my final year project, which, incidentally, did not go all too well either.

I passed. To my disappointment, I only received a 3rd (third) class honours in my classification. Truthfully, I expected worse; worst, even. But now that I see that I received 3rd class (which is crap in case you were ever, in your time, wondering what the hell that meant), I (optional: can't help but) feel cheated out of my fully paid RMXX,XXX.XX.

So, I'm smoking in bed (a metaphor for smoking in my chair), thinking that maybe, just maybe, I might have tried too hard at trying too little at this Malaysian tertiary. However, it does read a little like a spoiled child's entry. I take my words back.

At least I have a degree to look at now. How come so many people keep asking about the convocation as though it matters that much? I'm not going if there is one. It's bad enough that they make you pay for it, but they also incur extra charges on your "once in a lifetime" award for purple-hearted bravery in battling books. What is the symbolism behind the heart being purple?

Can anyone comment on that? Villianese, perhaps (I do not own a camera of digital make or otherwise, which is in this country at least) you could find that out for me. I don't have pictures of a purple hearted anything either, so, perhaps you can fill me in on your research. Much appreciated. When I do get a digital camera, the first thing I'll do is post something on that.

I'm speaking with a fellow classmate of mine and we (I mean He) is comparing results with me, and I have already succumbed to doing the same thing. His results are a class higher than mine; 2nd (second) lower, if you were wondering, again. He cheated; Obviously. Just the same with everyone else who received a higher classification than I did.

Started designs on a more suitable web layout. However, it's to be hosted on a different domain. We'll see how far this project goes. Flash-based design with scripting that I hope to learn soon. I'll post a very uninterestingly funny email conversation that I have the displeasure of sharing in a while. Conversation doesn't involve me.