About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Correlatives

I go downstairs, and I see relatives. There was a wedding ceremony; A cousin of mine got married. Downstairs, an uncle and cousin sit unrecognisable with me. I don't know if it was having just woken up, but I couldn't place a name to their faces.

My (, I assume,) cousin waved at me first chance he got and quickly asked me if I was still doing what I was doing - some sort of course - to which I replied, "No, no more - what about you?"

He is still doing what he told me he was doing months to years ago. I couldn't place a name. I must ask about that with my grandmother.

The kid seemed pretty cheerful. He wore spectacles and had a neat trim haircut, smiled profusely in his spare time and likes to paint and take leisurely walks on the beach with his pet puppy whose name is probably Cutie or Fluffy. But seriously, he is a very cheerful person. I think I'm losing it.

What is it with the many weddings? Recently, a friend of mine from college got married. She tried inviting me but because I couldn't reply at the time, she sort of withdrew her invitation or disregarded the whole conversation. On the other hand, I didn't have any money for the 'best wishes', if they call it that. All I know is that she married a Taiwanese guy. Actually, I don't even know if she married a Taiwanese man. It's just my assumption working its magic.

A few days later, after her wedding, I wished her best wishes and this is sort of how the conversation went.

Me: Best Wishes!
Her: Thanks.
Me: So, how was the ceremony?
Her:

(Maybe she was on her honeymoon.)

She stopped replying, I think. Keeping in tradition with her invitation, perhaps.

I suspect that she isn't too reciprocal because I, once (and only once,) accidentally told her boyfriend that she was sort of seeing someone else - Unintentionally, of course. I didn't know he was there at the time. Pity. She hasn't really spoken to me since. Curious...

On a completely different note - why do motorcyclists drag their kick-stand things on the road, going at speeds of over 60km/h? I wasn't fascinated but curious as to what kicks that would do. No pun intended. At least not that much. I wouldn't stand for that. I saw no reason why they would do that. There wasn't really an audience; No spectators or anything whatsoever. Oddly enough.