About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, June 24, 2005

 

Speaking of Kittens!

I opened my car door to find that I've just bestartled a cat. I was the bestartled cat. But really, the cat started climbing out of my window which, has been stuck down for a week or more now.

Leaving behind three kittens the size of mice on the floor mat of the driver's side, the mother, waited outside by the road. I tried coaxing the mother to come collect her children so I can send my friend back home.

Me (whilst pointing at kittens): Meow meow meow meowww!
Cat: ...
Me: Fucker!
Friend: ...
Me: ...
Friend: I'll get my sister to come pick me up.

Left my car door opened in order for the mother cat to come get her kids. For some reason, the mother cat went in through the faulty window instead of the conveniently opened (gaping) door.

We were in the house by then--lying in wait--watching as the mother cat walked cautiously to the other side of the car. Rustling sounds from the plastic bag alerted me of her entrance into the car.

I was relieved for a moment for I thought that I need not deal with the situation, and that it would resolve itself in due time. I saw the mother leave the house in the direction from whence it came.

She came back again! My friend saw her, not me. After a while, the thing disappeared. Two trips are not enough to retrieve three kittens. We went out to check on the situation to only find the three kittens lying untouched.

Very soon after, my friend's transport came and he left me. It's funny because he was the one that wound the window down and once again, broken the contraption.

Eventually, I removed the kittens (carefully with a plastic bag covering my hand) from the car and placed them on some newspaper and left them near the gate to allow the mother to find them. I then left for a drive after taking out the floor mat for a cleaning.

I return to find one kitten left--crying out loud for its mother, which, assumingly, have taken the other two. I did run around a bit to see if the other two had wandered off while I was out. No sign of them. Left with one kitten, I'm advised that a box and some cloth would keep it warm if/till the mother returns for it.

However, before that, I concluded that a few newspapers under the car would do the trick. It did for a moment. Then I developed a conscience and came back out with some (advised) water and fed the creature with my finger. I was convinced that it was sort of drinking it. "Anything to shut its crying up," I thought.

Right after feeding it, I went into the house to get a box and then lined it with some cloth outside and brought it to the kitten but the kitten was no longer there and crying. It was gone. Vanished. Surprised by the disappearance, I then went around looking for it; To no avail.

I made myself a new cell-phone pouch with its skin. Kidding. It's said that cat skin was used in making some parts of the shamisen in Japan. I don't know how true that is, but I was convinced. You must look it up for me.

I strictly sealed the window with a cardboard box taped to the car. I'm only afraid that it might have gotten in from the engine recesses. I suspect that because the padding was all f-ed up on the inside.

You leave a car unattended for a week or so and animals are already starting to breed within. This is one rough neighbourhood. Oh! In any case, if you were wondering about the whereabouts of the kitten, I believe the mother may have rushed in to rescue it when I was inside the house getting a box. So, there you have it.

I'm glad that everything worked out and eventually, resolved itself. Otherwise I would have had to take care of the illegal tenant. There is no one you can call for this sort of situation.


Comments:
Hello!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home