About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Anyone with similar experiences? I'm sure you're no stranger to this!

So, I understand and appreciate that you might be concerned with the situation in which I'm unemployed and am currently seeking occupational fulfillment of any said experience.

With that said, I wish to carefully outline that insisting on my sending resume to familiar persons without any knowledge of what I do specifically, and disregarding anything that I say while referring me to case insistence (which means repeating over and over) will only aggravate my already-frustrated self.

However, I will do as you say for reasons of not only loving you, but also because you seem to have set up the whole thing for me already; I respect said initiative. I can either view it as: You being concerned for my welfare, or you thinking me a bum. Either which, I'm accepting of.

The blues of the unemployed: Concerned watchful eyes become commentful mouths. The trend these days is to constantly ask if you've procured a salary, or career to some of you. Constantly, meaning each time they see you. Along with those, are suggestions--and some of them are really good suggestions--of ways or people to get in touch with regarding procurement. Suffice to say that I'm so very appreciative of advice and the effort put in.

I went for an interview yesterday; sometime around the evening. Customer Support Analyst, being the applied position. It pays well (for a fresh graduate) and is according to U.K. timing. I'm looking for something other than that of a help desk. The question is: Should I just settle for it and work it out for a year (for a year... more like for the pay)?

No, I've yet to secure employment. I wish I wasn't so damn picky, therefore getting hired, thus having something different to say. "Actually, what are you looking for?" just won't do because I will never know what I want. Especially after finding what I want and then changing my mind, making me appear like a damned fool (again). Sooner than later, "I'm not too sure, perhaps something in the SAP/ERP line" will lose its weight, and won't cut it as an answer.

How embarrassing--for me--to have you know that I don't know at all what I'd like to get into specifically; only because I don't believe that we ever know. All I have with me is an instinct that drives me one direction, and banking on that for the meantime. Soul-searching? What are you talking about? Don't proceed to tell me that I might not be trying hard enough to make up things that I like doing! That's what you're practically doing with your "soul-searching."

My loving father, advises me to head towards the U.K. with little to no experience, exhibits concern, faith and confidence in me. My mother, on the other hand, questions me on when I will be returning to New Zealand; it's Kiwi-experience that they look for there and almost everyone makes the same amount of money no matter what you do. My grandmother suggested I go to Australia with her and seek further employment there. Even my eldest brother advises me on his ways of obtaining work, and in addition: Wanting to pay for my ticket to the U.K. I love my family very much for their concern and advice.

To myself, I come to sound more and more like an ingrate. I guess I can't blame myself if I misinterpret their advice to sound more like commands. However, I can't stop them from blaming me for not taking said advice. Whose advice should I pay priority to?