About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, July 15, 2005

 

The end of a scallywag.

Woke up to a bleeding nose; this time, it's the right nostril. I had an interview downtown before noon. It was a quarter passed eight. Twenty minutes later: Leaving home, for breakfast, and to also borrow a car to travel downtown with.

Not knowing the directions to Times Square let alone Amoda Tower, I get someone to draw me a map. The map appeared detailed: Buildings were named and drawn along with the streets. My favourite is the rectangle with the words "whore houses" inside it. Off to Bukit Jalil to obtain my degree and other transcripts followed by a return to K.L. city area. It's a quarter to eleven.

I managed to lose my way even with the map. I initially thought I was reading the map wrongly or that it was drawn wrongly; it wasn't. Turns out I missed the building when it was right there. Embarassing as that is. Spent a good half hour driving around all sorts of streets looking at bustling city dwellers at work and/or play. Eventually, I found my way back to the nearby street and saw the building that I had missed much earlier. It's a quarter passed noon. Perfect timing, moron!

I glide into the Amoda building with little difficulty in search of a parking spot that I did not find. I exit the Amoda building with just as little difficulty and enter Sungei Wang building's parking, situated farther down the road. I manage to find a parking spot. That place is always full of people regardless of the day you visit it. Half passed noon. Nice!

GMP, Global Manpower Professionals, if I'm not mistaken. Interview conducted; Selina (the interviewer) asked me whatever that was necessary and I asked whatever that came to mind at the time and a half hour or more later: interview completed. She was pretty and looked like how I pictured her (young and pretty, though unsure of her age) when we conversed over the telephone; a KBU graduate in Software Engineering. Apprehensive in inquiring about her occupation as a recruiter, so, I did not.

With nothing more, I therefore left said building wondering why I came down in the first place for she had not asked for any of my transcripts, though I showed it to her. The only thing I visited her for: A brief interview and a brief discourse on how to behave during an interview. Thank you, Selina! I believe I've met her before, but that's just how I am; I claim certain things without any basis. I left when it was approaching a half hour passed one.

abundant volume of motorcyclists in the city. Just itching to get hit by cars; they run lights and gather in groups in front of the car queue. They have an affinity to swerve into your lane, two feet away, while you're turning. I'm not going to invite him to my birthday party. Jackass! This happened on more than one occasion in the passed day.

After taking a walk around Sungei Wang Plaza, I take my leave back to the vicinity of P.J. to have lunch. Had my haircut at that inexpensive place in Ikano POWERCENTER!! Or something like that; returned the car, and had dinner, drinks, and the like.

Starting to work harder towards actually securing an occupation. I suppose it will be within a month or two before I'll have to bid farewell to days of doing-nothings and watching TV. Sooner/later-bounded. Now I'll have to change the whole "life of a fresh graduate" header on this web log.