About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, July 22, 2005

 

Fear Factor: A Day Out With E.V.

Another over-zealous moment: On my way out the door, I tie my shoe laces. I obviously yanked it too hard because the lace snaps. I tell myself, "Nicely done!" In the words of one May Yen, "Bravo! Bravo!" I need new strings for my leather shoes now.

We then ride to the Mid-Valley offices. She had an interview at Catcha's office. Greeted by J, we proceeded to the lounge/waiting room, where E.V. filled in her application form (for Fear Factor). The silly girl can't even fill it out properly; had to ask me--countless times--what to answer in personality-related questions.

It takes E.V. ages to fill up a form. It was a full room before she completed her form. There are only two people left, including herself. While waiting for her, I found out that Catcha owns a lot of other companies and magazines.

So, we're on the way back from the car, and E.V. here decides to be the one that knows the directions. You can just say you want to walk around next time. Your detour to MNG (Mango) and Top Shop does not inspire trust because those shops are not in the direction of where we're going.

Insistingly adamant on knowing the way to the car is in order to travel the mall isn't going to work because I know very well where the car is. So, yes! Yes, we can go look around if you just said you wanted to. Ignoring my "It's this way" signals doesn't nullify its existence when I speak.

We are not alike, in case you think that I'd believe half the things you say. Due to the very consistent results of your words being the opposite and/or furthest of what they depict; such as: us being there (Mid-Valley Offices) for only a short period (30 minutes max) when it was a wholesome 3 hours, I have concluded that you think we think alike enough to know what you mean.
The cherry:
J to E.V.: Has anyone ever told you that he's (Me) weird?
E.V.: Yes! (In a "Oh-yes-god-yes-Please-accept-me!" manner.)
It must be so grand that people can see your bra through a skimpy shirt! You're a normal person! Don't worry! A jerk, but still normal in our culture. You are probably racist, and think Muslims are weird. That's the impression I get off you. A normal and regular impression, I believe.