About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Not Oedipus.

While smoking by my window, I can hear all sorts of drama unfolding. An elderly lady speaking Malay to a domestic worker from another home nearby. I assume by the way she speaks that she's elderly. From my window:

A man opens a door and says in Cantonese, "What are you doing?"

I don't know what she says, "dsfkjns ksfasdfkn."

"Lei mou lei la!" is the reply, which means "don't you bother la."

She mumbles something else, "askd ksjfas."

"Lei mou lei la!" her son (he sounds and looks young) or husband yells in a hostile manner. Followed by "yat cho yeh cho" which probably means "day and night just noise."

"LEI MOU LEI LAAA!" again from the son/husband.

She goes in and more yelling continue. He says the same thing. "Lei mou lei la!!" Repeatedly.

He's probably frustrated and tired of having his mother around. His tone was hostile and commanding, which might have led me to believe he was her husband, yet I think otherwise.

"LEI MOU LEI LA!"