About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

Sunset

I love watching the sun set. It is so breathtakingly beautiful that I would love to do nothing else but stop and gaze in awe until the last glimmer of light disappears over the horizon. Of course, that is a very bad thing to do in traffic when you're driving.

I usually leave my office around 6pm to 8pm, which is about the time the sun starts setting, depending on what time of the year it is and the weather. Every time I see a sunset it always look different. I love watching the last rays of the sun for the day bounce off the pattern of clouds in the sky. I love seeing the orange (sometimes red, like today) sunlight mix with the blue sky. How the trees look like a silhoutte in the impending darkess. The way the lights of a building illuminates itself against the backdrop of the sunset.

I would love to take snapshots of these sunsets every day on my way home from work, but it is rather hard to do that when your hands are on the wheel. Or supposed to be on the wheel. Every time I stare into the sky while trying not to knock into the cars around me I wonder how the picture would look like on film, and whether it'd capture the essence of that sunset. I once took photos of the sun rising from the clouds from a plane. Perhaps fittingly, I was on my first trip to The Land of the Rising Sun. I had trouble sleeping on the plane (it was a night flight) and by the time I got sleepy enough to sleep I forced myself not to because I wanted to look at the sunrise from a plane and take photos. The pictures came out beautifully, though I suppose anyone awake enough would have looked at me and wondered what in the name of God I was doing. I should probably scan them in and post them up sometime. But until then, I'll be left gazing into the sky thinking about how I could capture that moment of wonder.


Comments:
Boon Dong Dong! Wait till you come visit me in AZ, the sunsets are unlike anything you have ever seen before.
 
I intend to drag my best camera over with me when I come visit you in AZ :D I'm going to take a million pictures of sunsets!! Hahahahahaha.
 
I'll drive? :p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home