About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, July 08, 2005

 

"We're all ok!"

I was sleeping at the time when my brother called me. My grandmother woke me up to speak to him, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. Something about what he said that kept not making sense. Eventually, I hung up or something happened because I don't remember.

As I read the email Joyce sent me, it becomes extra clea
r to me what he was trying to tell me: There was a bomb explosion in front of their house. I quickly typed "bbc.co.uk" into the web browser's navigation toolbar. There were terrible bombings that happened in London today--many were injured and some killed--thankfully my brother and Joyce are safe!
Hi all,
Just to let you know that all of us (friends and family) are ok in London.
Nothing to worry about.
The bomb happened in front of Jerry's (my brother's) street. Neil heard the blast and saw the bus ripped up. Thankfully all of us left home early enough to work so we missed it.
The blast was also in Kings Cross where we live.
I thank God that friends and family are all ok.
Joyce.
So, this is the bus that was chosen and it was right on their street. I was just speaking to him and he said that he could still hear sirens because they are trying ot keep the peace and maintain the havoc in the streets of London.

Joyce's brother lives on Wicklow Street--near Tavistock Square--where the bus bombing happened. My brother missed the bomb by 10 minutes. His friend, Neil, witnessed it.


"Joyce's brother is still in the streets", he says. Because the street is blocked up, not even residents can get in.

He might not go in to work tomorrow because the route he takes to work would most likely be blocked up.

Shortly through our conversation, he informed me that he was going to play Warcraft. "Time to pawn some heroes." It made me happy that the bomb didn't affect him that badly.

I'm just happy that they are safe from harm. I'll probably see this on the TV later. I can't imagine they would bomb the streets of London, and even worse is that it was so close to where my brother and Joyce lives. That's pretty shocking.


Comments:
Pictures from the bbc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home