About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Work found me.

RM50 per day for a five day week for two months or more, doing data migrational work (that's about RM1000 per month). According to the description given, I'm guessing I have to back up desktops and laptops. Curiously enough, there are servers involved, and that only means that it should be backed up centrally. I don't know what type of support they mean but I believe they'll cover that at the training.

We were sitting there doing the little IQ questions when this man... asked us who was first for the interview and whether we've completed the IQ paper yet. We didn't, of course. After all that, he said that the test didn't matter.

My neck hurts from having to nod at everything the interviewer said. At one point I think I stopped listening as he was briefing us. I figured out too late that the IQ paper was just a formality, and it was just there for the interviewee to pass time. This is because of my strong belief that the job was already mine before I spoke to him. He didn't ask anything about my knowledge regarding the work, leaving me to think that they were desperate, but not desperate enough to pay well enough (for suckers like us). However, I don't know the nature of the stress involved in the work, so all that's bothering me is the pay for the time.

The company has loads of plaques and awards decorating their mini hall outside the interview rooms. There were awards in the strangest shapes like pistols and the occasional framed or pewter ones. Most of the awards were transparent with names of the award-givers like Microsoft, Sun, APC, and others to name but quite unimportant at this juncture. The point is that those awards actually mean something. I've always wondered about those awards ever since I saw my father having so many of them. Alright, maybe not "always wondered", but at one point did. Do people actually remember and/or say, "They received the award for most lala eating company!"?

Unfortunately, I didn't say "No" or "I'll consider the job", putting me in a position to have to be there in a few hours to sort out the details.

Fortunately for me, Chiew Wai looked out for my back and introduced me to this interview. Yay for me! Yay for him! I'm a leech! Can't sleep now.


Comments:
Congrats for finding a job :) And good luck!!
 
That's me btw. Yi Hwa ^-^=
 
Post a Comment



<< Home