About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Thursday, August 04, 2005

 

Fictional: What My Grandmother Thinks (Possibly).

He comes home late and at first it was rather difficult to accept, but now it has already sunk into my mind that he is young and able to take care of himself, though I still think him a child being about 50 years younger than I am, more or less. I let him do what he wants nonetheless.

I wonder how he survived on his own before I arrived back in Malaysia. I know not to worry about him, yet I do; all the time, as a matter of fact, but I don't show him. I try relating to how he thinks but that only results in me getting lost, and so I leave him alone half the time, and sometimes most of the time.

I do not converse with him so much these days. Occasionally, I get him to run errands for me; such as: paying the bills, buying groceries, or even watering the plants when I'm out of town, but even a simple task as watering plants can go awry; he damned near killed the plants my late husband carefully nurtured for so long! Jackass! Thankfully my chili plants are intact, otherwise he wouldn't be. Moron!

I wake up everyday and I hardly see him. What good is the gift of a grandson that chooses to live here to keep me company if he's hardly around? "Take care of me?" You can't even take care of yourself, or so I believe.

Lately, I've been going out to play mahjong while--I assume--he sleeps away in that room of his with the A/C turned on, no less. The other times I see him are only when he's on his way out. And stop bringing back all these girls! This is not a motel! Get your sex done somewhere else! I'm just kidding, he doesn't bring any girls back home. I might be old but I also have a sense of humour y'know!?

He spends so much time in his room that I hardly see him, which is why I go out to play mahjong and hang around with my pals, and sometimes my sisters. I wonder what he does on his computer for so long. Maybe he's looking for a job. Lets hope it's something usefully productive.

Whenever I'm not out playing mahjong, I sit/lie in the living room watching TV. This is where he usually sees and greets me when he either comes home or goes out. Other times, this is where he usually sees and greets me when I come back from playing mahjong; always asking whether I won or lost that afternoon/evening. His eldest brother knew how to play mahjong. I bet he'd be a nicer companion in this home of ours.

I'm not trying to express regret for not having a better grandson. I'm glad that this is the grandson I know the best, since I've lived with him for about over a year now, but you know how it is, familiarity breeds...

In thinking about it, he is the only one in his family that actually stayed. I understand that maybe when he decided to do this, he was giving up something somewhere else, although now I think otherwise because he probably has other/more reasons for staying back (and not JUST me).

I update his mother on anything he's been up to whenever she asks in curiousity. He's been lacking in the e-mails department I think. I feel that he needs to call his family more. His mother and his aunt calls me frequently to chat, and we can chat for hours without end, but he hardly speaks to his mother.

I don't know about you but through observing him and the conversations we have, I feel that maybe he's lying to me, or maybe himself. He might even be running away from something. I only hope he gets a job and develops a career quickly.

He's probably sitting in his room listening to Sade or something. I'm going to go get a Sprite now. Bye, folks.


Comments:
grandmama likes sprite? :)
 
yes, I like. Sarsi is better.
 
Sweet, Yew Seng. Real sweet. SPEND MORE TIME WITH YOUR GRANDMAMA!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home