About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Hazy Day #2 (Yesterday)

The haze worsened yesterday, but nothing stopped me from going out. I saw people getting out of their cars to take pictures along a main road.

I was awake daybreak. The environment outside is a rain short of clarity. The lamp-posts still surrounded by some fog. Blurred: The entire day has seen, or rather unseen, dense fog-like surroundings.

From the highways, I can't make out the nearby buildings through the blur; only the ligths of billboards and vehicles could be seen in the distance.

Every street you turn into is a vista with an end that is hidden--slowly fading away is the background as your eyes slowly track the trail.

From what I heard, even at The Curve, the haze made its presence, and I'm talking about inside the complex; not the outside walking area.

My throat is all phlegmy from--I suspect--the inhalation of the dense air that seemingly smells like smoke, only because it is. I come home feeling dirty. As if I brought back some of the haze inside my hair.

Moving away from the haze: We went to get a drink today and some laughs since we're at it. Following is the funniest bit of the day.
"My supevisor has 2 laptops" says Ray to me. What follows is a close-to-ten-second pause.

I stare at Sze Wei briefly during this pause. I follow-up with, "My father has a car in NZ."

Sze Wei, being the fucker that he is, starts laughing hysterically. I follow suit. I don't know what makes me do these things. Aside from the fact that we didn't know what he was trying to say at the time, of course.

It turns out that he is able to procure a cheap laptop. It's at a totally affordable price, too. I wanted to jump at the buy, but alas, I have no funding.

I forgot to mention that Ray wasn't too pleased with my behaviour, though he found it funny after a while. Heh heh.
A few jokes later, we started talking about spirits and/or ghosts. We started telling stories of experiences (not our own) since it is the 7th lunar month, and I hope you know what that means if you're Chinese. What? Oh, alright... I'll share some.
Sze Wei's Story: His aunts had such an encounter. The story is eerie as hell! The aunts were sleeping the same room together, and so they heard some noises outside. So, one aunt goes to the window and looks out; she sees a small gathering of people dressed in white with candles in their hands.

These apparitions (of course at that time they didn't know, until they) walked passed their gate in the direction of their room (from outside). They walked from the neighbours place to theirs through the gates (as in walked through!!) and were outside their window. They threw things at the window, causing the window to shatter or break, and the aunts could see them.

Ray's Story: A maid went with him for his grandfather's funeral. Apaparently, she has the ability to see these things like some of the people we've met. According to her, when she was sleeping in her room, she saw from the floor of her (she slept on the floor) that there were 5-7 pairs of feet on the altar. They appeared as if they were eating.

Yes, they were eating. They were eating the offerings that people put out for their relatives that have passed on. In performing this, the offering has to be with red chopsticks poked into the offerings be it rice or any other offering.

More? Well... she could see them from the floor because the door is raised at the bottom and she could see at an upward angle that there were about 7 people sitting at/on the altar. She didn't know how many members there were in his family at the time. Ray counted for us, he brought into the calculation: A grandfather, granduncle, uncle, etc.

How does he know that the feet didn't belong to any other member of his family? I don't know, but I guess that his family members won't desecrate the altar by eating (all 7 of them) on the altar. And yes! He did mention that it was a big altar.
There are many more stories, or experiences, but now is not the time to tell them all. Maybe in the future I'll post them. Sadly, this is the end.


Comments:
EKKKKKKKKKKKKKK~ More Ghost Stories please!
 
Should ask Marina! She can possibly get you some live footage.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home