About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

*Hot Day

It was already morning. I had realised this earlier at daybreak when I saw sunlight bouncing off curtain--as hers were drawn--but I never registered the moment of being fully aware of my imposition at that time. "It's a lot brighter outside now," I thought as I looked into the direction of the window. I knew she thought the same.

I wanted to leave earlier, but it was rush-hour. I feared a long drive with possible drama and/or bad memories. I waited it out. I regret that slightly now because her room got increasingly warm and eventually reached the level of hot.

I greeted her parents as I walked out feeling more awkward than when I walked in.
I got to the gate; my eyes adjust to the brightness of day; I wave goodbye, and skip to my car, which was really weird. I was a little dazed at the time, and was surprised that I made the journey home strangely quick. I thought that maybe when I got out, it would be slightly cooler than the room. I was mistaken.

The traffic was fine as I drove through the roads around her neighbourhood to the main road, and then to the highway. I always feel slightly nervous about driving in that state. The last time I did that: I recall the longest wait at the intersection and when it came time to move, I left my hand-brake on. It was hilarious, in an embarrassing way. I stumbled, but found my way through the mess and home.

We were supposed to go to IKEA yesterday. That didn't pan out, although I'm not surprised with the outcome. It looks like another hot day today.