About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

Market Night

Back in my room, I sit, enjoying my crap A/C's output with the usual 5ish prayer sounds from the nearby mosque.

The pasar malam at SS2 failed to yield that Taiwanese pizza thing that I so yearn for at that moment. We--Sze Wei, Li San, and I--went walking in search for what I wanted, naturally. The pasar malam is usually fun to walk in, albeit crowded and dirty at times. This was around 10 or so. There was a wet bit that we had to cross. It smelled of fish and other raw seafood. I didn't like how it managed to get on my foot. Fuckers.

Joined by Phoebe and Shao Ming, we later sat at the open-aired mamak in the vicinity of the night market for something to eat and drink. I failed to see how it was suicide according to Sze Wei, to venture into the area of Golden Break, SS2. It wouldn't so much register as anything odd to say except he used the term "suicide," and I can only relate that to the ghost festival. That really stuck out.

I'm slowly accepting the fact that Li San will not stop bringing up something about her boyfriend whenever she sees or comes into contact with anything slightly reminiscent of her time spent in the States. She knows I'll just shoot her a smile, or tease her about how in love she is. It's quite fun to see how happy she is about her fond memories. It makes you wonder what the hell you're missing out on. I think to myself, "not much," but there's probably a little part of me (don't laugh at that line) that wants what she thinks she has. I mean what I thinks she has. Apologies.

Consequently, we had to drive through all the garbage on the road that was left by the vendors. All over the place; the rubbish just piling. It's like a way of life here. Rubbish everywhere, litterally. Fuckers!


Comments:
Hurr...rubbish in SS2. Bloody killjoy. Especially when you're eating honeydew loh in ktz. :(
 
5 mentions in the span of 5 hrs aren't that many :p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home