About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Men's Health

I'm standing on stage at Zouk, one of the five men that were up there for a contest. I ask the guy next to me what the prize is in this competition. He tells me...

I didn't get his name, but I know he works as a trainer/instructor in a gym. So, I'm standing on stage next to this fella and he says to me, "It's a bit cold up here isn't it?" or something to that effect. I wouldn't find that so amusing had he not been wearing a sleeveless top with sculpted arms the size of legs popping out of them, all toughy man-like. He's a friendly guy.

I suppose the fault is mine for taunting him earlier when he got on stage. I did the whole clenched fisted you-can-do-it hand gesture; he responded.
You see, he was the fourth one to be chosen and I was the fifth. I guess it was very convenient when the Bluinc people were pointing at me that he started pointing in my direction as well.

Someone asked me if I knew him when I was gesturing him with the all-the-best fist. I didn't. I'm more acquainted with him now as a matter of fact. He said that he could do 40 push-ups in 30 seconds.
Why did he tell me that?
Because all five of us had to do as many as we can in 30 seconds. The one that does the most wins some Ralph Lauren goodies.

Who won?
Not me.

Then who?
He did.

What did he win?
I won a 50ml Ralph Lauren Romance Silver fragrance and a Ralph Lauren cheque book holder wallet thing. I'm guessing he won a bigger bottle.
The hostess said I cheated when I did my 40 in 30 seconds. I told her she can take it as 30 if she wanted. She didn't. I didn't quite care because I was not so enthusiastic about doing push-ups in my shirt.

Let me tell you about the performance of the gym instructor. He did push-ups with a different technique. He was jumping with his hands, if that lends a better perspective. And he kept on pumping it after his time was up, as though to say "Neh neh neh neh neh!" I told you his hands were like legs. It was obvious who the winner was.
Since he liked doing it so much, the hostess played with him a little by making him do one handed ones. He did it!

I'm happy with my gift. I felt it cruel that they pushed me to the stage, but I can take a joke. They did the same thing to this girl--Michelle--whereby she had to go up as a magician's aid. Oh! There was a magician performing wonderful magic tricks. I like his levitation tricks!

Seemingly a fun night until I had to run to the car in the rain. Heavy rain. That was pouring. Down. Riding back to PJ area shirtless with A/C blowing is fun. Really.