About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Monday, August 01, 2005

 

My Weekend (Part 1)

So, I was out with my aunt on Saturday, and we went to do run some errands nearby. My aunt is about 45, lives with my grandfather, and isn't married; by choice or not. I love my aunt.

She recently--about two years or so--found meaning in Christianity and religion, and ever since has been pretty pious in her own way. Having no religion myself, I have not much to say on that.

When I'm speaking with my aunt, she occasionally bursts in with her advice and any other words of wisdom. Sometimes after being told something, such as my brother not being near the London incident; she says out "Praise Lord." Other times when she's trying to make her point, she says "Someone has eyes and will see and know if you're good or bad," to which I replied--at that time--with "Santa Clause..." I really don't think she shared my humour that very moment. It's these things she does that make me wonder why we're different, as in all of us.

I apologise if this entry reveals that I am a religion-hater. This is not my intention. I'm purely trying to express my lack of religion and/or any other discipline. My background in spirituality is not in very high standings and neither are my family's. If anything, I am a Buddhist, but I am not. I believe that I'm neither a believer nor am I an Atheist; if only that could be a religion. I am left in the middle; on the fence, as they say; lost, to some. Which reminds me of a Middle-Child-Syndrome conversation I had sometime back, but has no relation to this topic.

My aunt told me that my grandfather is in the old folks' home because she hasn't the time on Thursdays and another day to take care of him. I'll be visiting him one of these days with said aunt. As usual my and I talked about how grandpop is doing. He has lost complete hearing in the left ear, and his hearing aid sometimes picks up radio frequencies and he can hear the music.

I realise that this entry doesn't have much of a point or subject. I suppose that it's just a record of the weekend. And so I proceed with the events of the weekend: After having ran the errands I wrote about running earlier, we (my aunt and I) went to pay an overdued visit to my grandmother (the one I don't live with) who lives nearby. So very glad to see that she's doing well. I'm a bad grandson for not having gone to visit in such a long time.

Having family is good. Being here brings me closer to them. However, I hardly see them. Occasionally, I see some aunts and uncles, some cousins (if lucky), and since I live with one of my grandmothers, I see her all the time. I have a cousin (in UK) that has no other first cousins besides us here. And to think that we're taking it for granted by not seeing one another.