About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Patience is a virtue

If you've been listening to the radio lately, perhaps you've heard this ad. Note that I don't remember the EXACT words, but this is pretty much how it goes:

*phone ringing*
Man: *picks up phone* hello?
Woman in chirpy voice: Hi dear, it's me! Did I tell you that I am out shopping with XXX credit card?
Man: No dear, but have fun!
*puts down phone*
*phone rings again*
Husband: *picks up phone*
Wife: It's me again! Did I tell you how much I LOVE shopping with XXX credit card?
Husband in happy chirpy voice: No dear, you didn't! Enjoy yourself dear!
*puts down phone*
*phone rings AGAIN!*
Husband: *picks up phone*
Wife: It's me again! Did I tell you how REWARDING it is to shop with XXX credit card?
Husband in oh-so-chirpy-voice: No, you didn't! Remember to get the receipt, dear!

My god woman, how ANNOYING can you be??! I give credit to the husband for being able to put up with her (in such a chirpy voice some more). If I was him I would have either
a) screamed and knock my head against the wall repeatedly till I die, or
b) screamed and choke her to death.