About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Picture Feature: Complimentary (Countdown to Death) Clock from Kent.

Before you see the pictures, I want to acknowledge the superstitious folks out there. Yes, I know very well that clocks, as gifts, are far from the traditionally safe hamper of fruits and crap. I also realise that giving a clock means that a person can't wait till you make your move to the neighbourhood opposite of life, or replace it with something similar. Another thing is that of the cigarette company giving me a clock in symbolism of something else is just more analogous and/or euphemistic (for what they are really doing) than anything else. I conclude that they have a good sense of humour and are overly confident about it.

Here, my clock sits two seconds from 3:01 P.M.

Furthermore, I've walked under ladders, opened umbrellas indoors, and other varieties of bad luck-bringing superstitions before. I personally don't believe in superstition all that much. Before the days of people constantly telling me not to poke my chopsticks into the food, I was doing just that. Poking your chopsticks into your food resembles offerings to appease spirits or Gods in some way. I am not too sure of this.

In colour, the clock looks a lot nicer.


Looks fine next to lamp and Wave Radio/CD of same colour.