About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Precious Moment! (Big Mac Moment)

Another precious moment to be recorded, but I'll be more discreet regarding its content. The term "precious moment," used to define momentous occasions of yours truly by Shao Ming (not actress). The precious moment was just beautiful and careless. I cannot divulge any details, but I'll fill you in on the first precious moment (this being the second).

The first moment occurred when we were playing cards drinking beer. One of my friends decided to play with me and dealt a hand of blackjack with the bet of a Big Mac. I didn't want to play the hand but I was curious to see what the cards were, and so he gave me the impression that he took the bet seriously, to which I thought he was joking.

Yes, I lost double. Again, yes, this means two Big Macs. So, good, you got me. It was funny! I've lost at my own game.

On the way out of the parking lot he brought up the burger(s) again, expressing--to what I can only gather as--interest and certainty that he will be wolfing down two Big Macs. I didn't think he was serious! I felt suckered into the bet now.

We stop by at McDonald's, and the dealer orders a Filet-O-Fish and I'm all curious now. I decide to play him back and change the order.

"Cancel that! Make that FOUR Big Mac meals" I express confidently to the man at the counter. He looks at me as though I'm kidding.

The dealer, looking at me all puzzled because I don't seem to be smiling due to having been suckered into the bet, says "You mad at me is it?"
My comeback: "No!" I then look back at the counterman and say, "FOUR Big Mac Meals, please! Large!"

The man at the counter--counterman--keys in the order.

You would not have guessed what the dealer said. He says "I'm only eating beef because of you, ok?"

I have a moment of bewilderment. It hits me like an oncoming vehicle. He does not eat beef!

"HE DOES NOT EAT BEEF!"
"HE DOES NOT EAT BEEF!"
"HE DOES NOT EAT BEEF!"
"HE DOES NOT EAT BEEF!"

I look back at counterman with embarrassed face and squeal "Can you change the order?" He shakes his head in refusal. To this day, I don't know why he couldn't have changed the order. What a c*nt!

Shao Ming comes out and the whole episode ensues! There was laughter throughout the entire night. Apparently, me eating two Big Macs at one go tops the chart in "precious."

That's not over! I ordered him an extra Filet-O-Fish on top of the four Big Macs! I KNOW!! I unloaded close to RM40 on the entire meal. In addition: I had to take back one Big Mac because I couldn't finish it. THE HORROR. The horror...

That my dear readers, is the precious effect. I kindly request anyone out there with any precious moments to please share them with me in the comments.


Comments:
*ROTFLMAO* I remember this incident somewhere... Somehow.. HHmmm *ROFLMAO*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home