About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

Short Story: I'm Calling This "Bonkers!"

I forgot to write about this incident a few months back (or forgot
that I did), therefore I am recalling it for you; all of you. I realise that it appears really cruel that we and/or you laugh at/with this story. I'm merely documenting a "precious moment," if ever.

So, one night, I was at the bar in the frontal area of Zouk with some friends. All of us were either having a drink or busy conversing. We sat near (right next to, or behind) the glass wall that divides the outside and inside of the bar. All of us trying to get comfortable on the dumbest chairs to be chosen for lounging in a bar, watching the TV which was situated about a feet or two away from the chairs. I remember that it was rugby on that night, which has no relation--whatsoever--to this amusing story.

I was sitting there observing and trying to keep in conversation with the rest of them when I noticed an Indian girl going into the bathroom which is situated about 15 feet away from where we sat that night. Then ended the noticing. I go back to watching either TV or chatting/listening.

Five minutes (or so) later, I observed how she bursts out from the lavatory, but not in an alarming speed... in my direction she went/came. I/We watched her walking in her quick yet normal pace towards the gap in between the TV and our couch-like lounger (which sits 3 and is a piece of crap for a bar that size).

"WHAM!" She hits the glass head-first. Alright, I'm exaggerating, it was more like a "Bonk!" Either which registered a sudden silence on our table, or at least some of the people who weren't busying themselves.

Since I was sitting quite close to her, I managed to witness her forehead and the divider meet, which led me to think that I might have made the "Bonk!" sound myself, instead of actually hearing it for real. That being said, I saw the expression of her face; of which she gave a quick smile and rubbed her forehead and went off through the door she entered. It was as though it had happened before and she just shook the feeling off and went about her average life. An embarassing moment handled pretty well, I must say.

Imagine all our faces, with eyes widely gazing upon each other in a what-the-fuck-was-that fashion. We gave it a minute of talk before we actually exploded in laughter. She was obviously drunk or tipsy because the gap was so small that no one in their sober mind would think it a walking space.

Thus ends the short story, which really isn't that short. I hope it was amusing for you. It is for us. I was reminded of this story earlier as I observed an Indian girl coming out of an elevator, and the elevator doors closed as she was coming out resulting in her getting hit.


Comments:
ha ha ha....there! I appreciated that story.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home