About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Saturday, August 06, 2005

 

Sunrise Jazz Festival!

The Jazz Festival at Sunrise Mont Kiara was pretty good, albeit I only got to watch the closing of Shelly Leong's play, but the saxophone player after her was pretty good as well.

The place was so crowded, yet people keep coming to these festivals. Tables all over the place in the center of surrounding chairs. Heineken's 5 bottle for RM50 was served. I had that Starbuck's green tea ice blended crap, as opposed to the usual espresso crap.

I made Li San ask the bassist (Alda, I think, is his name, though we didn't know it at the time) if she could try on his hat, and she did. No camera for a picture. Twas pretty funny. Hats off to her for daring to. Apparently, the bassist used to be in the same band as Leonard. (Hey! What? We have to amuse ourselves somehow!)

Half the time, the people I was with were either playing with a burnt cork, or that thumb war game (heh heh). Li San was sort of leaning back real deep in her chair; a message, no doubt. But whatever I heard was pleasing, though the environment was a little noisy, therefore the jazz wasn't so amplified.

I suppose I cannot expect so much since it's a festival and not a jazz club of some sort. Because the entrance was free, it made such an appeal to go, though I didn't anticipate so many people would be making so much noise.


Comments:
I went too! But I left early, so I only got to experience Shelley Leong. That was actually my first time at a jazz fest, and are sets normally that freaking long? She was up there for a good hour or more!

But really, never knew beer was so prevalent at jazz fests. Must go more often, lol!
 
I don't mind the long sets, just as long as they are good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home