About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Monday, September 12, 2005

 

Drama on the high road

Last Friday (yes lah, I am too lazy to blog about things at once sometimes, okay?) I decided to go home from work using the LDP. Main reason being that defying all explanation, the NKVE never fails to be this stress-inducing jam on Friday evenings. So if the paid way home is going to be just as jammed as the free way home, hey, I might as well not pay, right? So I turned into the LDP instead.

Road was still quite jammed, even though I left my office around 8pm. Motorbikes as usual were whizzing in and out of traffic like flies (no offense to the people out there I know who drive one). One car which just passed by on my right was cuting quite close to my lane when one of these whizzing bikers drove past in between our cars. The guy on the right honked, probably because the bike was riding a little too close to his car for comfort (because his car was cutting the line).

The biker swerved into my lane, in front of my car, glared at the car and actually shook his fist at it. While I was staring at the whole scene in front of me in disbelief, he drove closer to the car and actually kicked it. Softly, of course, because otherwise he would have been flung off the bike, and probably onto MY windscreen, and then I would have a lot of explaining to do to the cops.

The biker then got back to driving in the middle of the road in between the left and right lanes. The drama didn't quite stop there though, because then the car decided to retaliate by swerving close to the bike, as though he was trying to run him down. Which, thank god didn't happen either, because the bike managed to swerve in time, otherwise I would have a lot of explaining to the cops to do.

The guy on the bike was obviously pissed. I could see him glare furiously at the car again, and he swerved close by again, no doubt wanting to kick his door again, but as luck would have it, traffic came close to a standstill, and he ended up nearly kicking the door of the car in front of the intended car. He then shook his fist angrily again before driving off.

I suppose you could say that in all the years that I have been driving, this was the first road rage incident that I have personally witnessed. And honestly, I don't know whether to be horrified or to burst into fits of laughter. I mean, trying to kick someone's car knowing full well that you will fly off your bike if you do is incredibly stupid. Of course, having the car retaliate by trying to run him off the road was hillarious as well.

Know what I think though?

Those two assholes deserved each other.


Comments:
hoi hoi hoi hoi hoi hoi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home