About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

Gliding past with square plastic baskets on hand

Haha, for some reason, I find that so amusing. Anyone who knows Yew(s) can see the absurdity in him gliding along with a bright blue basket on one hand, possibly talking with his other hand.

"You're beautiful."

That is one fucking annoying song. It can be considered quite pretty and sweet, but FFS how shallow can you be?! Like Yew Seng says, easy to judge. Yes, easy, so I'll do it :p A love song should be heartfelt for the right reasons, not because you saw some chick you thought was hot and wanted to bone. That's what gayass bands like Limp Bizkit are for. And what is with James Blunt's video?! No one in their right mind wants to see him strip! And if they do, well, nothing I can say about them la. The stripping could be symbolic, as in he's baring his soul, but the shallowness (is that a word?) of the lyrics leads one to believe he's just a horny unattractive fellow who can't get laid and is therefore using the "do-me-I'm-a-musician" approach.

Either way, too try-hard la.

There must be nice hot guys out there. Anyone who knows their top secret whereabouts, plz email me thx. Well, just "nice" doesn't cut it. I realize now that something was sorely lacking in my previous relationship: intimacy. I had a feeling gnawing away in me but ignored it. Sure la, lots of making out and stuff does not equal intimacy. Before we met in person, he mentioned he was very affectionate. Upon reflection, the only time I got a glimpse of that was when we first met. After that, it was very... sporadic.

Maybe it was my fault for being with someone else before, although that is petty and immature if you can't get over that. Maybe it was a defence mechanism to prevent himself from getting hurt (as a result of not accepting it was petty to still harbour resentment towards me). Or maybe, he's just too lazy for a real relationship and has intimacy issues.

OK, overanalysing again. Oh, KT Tunstall, how right you are when you say, "I wish it were simple, but we give up easily." Now that's how you do it, Mr. Blunt :P