About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, September 23, 2005

 

Kartello! Hello!

There was a Marc Ecko wristwear (if that's what it's called) launch yesterday at Zouk's Velvet, situated on the right side of Zouk.

I've never been to the right side before. Every time I go to Zouk, it's the wrong side. The right side leads you down a flight of steps; feels so underground, both literally and not.

In conjunction with the launching of Ecko time pieces, Too Phat launched their latest album, which I forgot the name to. So, They performed, though I couldn't really see pass the sea of people onto the stage.

I've never really been a fan of Ecko goods. The logo is a rhinoceros--which looks stenciled--in case you are mistaking it for something else, or if I am.

They dedicated a wall of graffiti on the side for Too Phat friends and fans to tag or write stuff out on, which I took a few photographs of, but they aren't with me right now; as always.

They poured red/white wine for the guests, and the place wasn't dark at all, which I liked. I think it's because they had watches in display cases for the peeps to view.

Velvet seemed small, but maybe it was because the place was very crowded that night. It felt as though the band invited their neighbourhood(s) and guests along to the event for I felt that it wasn't Too Phat, but Too Packed.

People were bumping into each other trying to get by, and some guy who was wearing his aviator shades indoors knocked my wine onto me. Classically brilliant.

I had no idea that there were so many people who dressed in hip-hop gear in this country. Maybe it was just me because they were collected in one club. Apparently, aviator sunshades are "in" if you're into hip-hop.

The place was too packed for me to like being there, and I'm getting tired of looking at trucker caps and Nas look-alikes along with hearing/listening to Malaysians "seriously" speaking like rappers, son.

I think I saw one black guy make fun of us/them by saying, "Jyeah!" I think this because his girlfriend was pulling him back as if to not encourage him, and also his silly smirk after doing it.

Too Phat's music wasn't at all bad, but I don't really know how to gauge, so to me, it sounded fine. They have 20+ tracks on the album if you're planning on getting it. I'll post up pictures and whatnot later. Peace!