About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Monday, September 05, 2005

 

Requiescat

I'm thinking of my late grandfather. It's hard not to in this household of mine. Not that I try not to. My grandmother and aunt were watching tennis downstairs and they mentioned my paternal grandmother, which led me to think of how my paternal grandmother would speak to my late maternal grandfather.

That made me think of the time that we went to visit him at Nilai Memorial Park, a year after he had passed, and how my grandmother would speak out loud to my grandfather; just like what you see in the movies, y'know? Later that day we went to visit my aunt who was also there. She brought her a mango, because my aunt liked to eat mangoes in case you were wondering.

Now I am thinking of paying them a visit one of these days. No, I'm actually thinking of when KH went over this red painted two-brick high concrete that my grandfather put up so people wouldn't park in front of our house, and also how angry my grandfather was. The funny bit is that the day after he ran the concrete thing down, and also after my grandfather repainted it the same day, he ran over it again. It was less than 2km/h (because I cannot be sure of how fast 1km/h is).