About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Contain Yourself

As a sort of follow-up to the recent post about my grandmother and her antics, I give you an experience that you might have also seen before but might not think that it has anything to do with being active.

My other grandmother, whom I don't see as much, also has her very own antics. However, her's are a little bit nore observable. She collects containers. Any sorts of containers. Shampoo bottles, little jars to big jars, and almost anything else that she might fancy.

She's asked me before to save any empty containers for her. Of course I absolutely do no such thing. What I do is: I agree to do just that but know that in a few days-weeks, she'll forget all about it.

She doesn't really do much with these containers aside from forgetting about them and then refinding them months down the line. Once, when she was moving, I found a bunch of these bottles in a drawer (that she had forgotten) and thought that she'd just dispose of them, but she still wanted to keep them.

I wonder what else she collects. I must ask her.