About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

Evienne's wedding

A friend of mine (no prizes for guessing her name) got married two weeks ago. Here are some photos taken at her wedding, courtesy of another friend, Aaron. To be honest, I was pretty nervous about the wedding (nevermind I wasn't the one getting hitched). She had very few tables for her friends, so I had to go alone, and, well, it was the first wedding of a friend that I have ever attended. I had no idea how much money to give, what to do, or even what to wear at her wedding. Worse still, I guess, I had no idea who else was going, and I kept forgetting to call her and ask. So on the day itself, I just took a deep breath, wore something subdued and not-so-formal, and drove myself to Holiday Inn. I felt really jittery and awkward at first, but as it turned out, I didn't need to worry, there were two tables filled with people from college. And dammit, I should have just worn the red dress (if you know, you know. If you don't know, you don't know).

Anyway, on to the photos. Here's the bride and groom, and me:

Yeah, the groom is as drunk as he looks. All these photos were taken after the wedding dinner ended.

Me + Florence the oracle:


Me + the guy who passed me the photos. I'm bending down in this one because, erm, I'm taller than he is. Ah, the bane of all Asian girls and women taller than 5' - short guys hate you:

Immediately after this photo was taken, someone cried out, "You're supposed to BEND DOWN, silly!"

Group photos:


That's about it. There were actually more photos and people, but, erm, well, I only got the photos where I was in it. All in all the wedding was actually really fun and I actually enjoyed myself, despite my initial apprehension. The food and wine was really good too! Deakin Carberet Sauvignon and Turtle Creek Chardonnay. Yummy! Must force myself to remember.


Comments:
you did gain weight
 
That's what I keep telling everyone, but no one believes me! *sniff*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home