About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Monday, October 31, 2005

 

Ini mini

Perhaps I should not have had that nescafe ais/ice; otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here playing sudoku and thinking about staying up the entire Monday to balance out my sleeping time.

Then again, if I were to sleep around now, I'd most likely have to listen to my grandaunt and grandmother give me unsubtle hints about my odd sleeping hours, which isn't really a problem except that I never know what their justification for sleeping earlier ever is; only because they never mention it.

My grandaunt is in the hizzouse. To keep my grandmother company and to also spend some time with her before she embarks on a 6 month or more trip to Australia; the very same trip that I'll be embarking on. My cousin is getting married.

My grandmother and my grandaunt are very close. She comes over once in a while and stays a few days; usually whenever I neglect my grandmother, being the bad grandson that I am. I'm kidding, but now that I think of it, I suspect that's why she's here.

Their closeness reminds me of a totally unrelated story from the past. This one time, these few girls were asking me about my brothers and which one bullies me more. On top of that, they asked which one I'd pick to die. And if I didn't pick one, I'd die.

What kind of person poses these kinds of questions to another? So, naturally, I chose not to participate and said that I'd die instead. What the hell is the point to such a question?

This was about 10 years ago. I still remember it; for laughs if not for any other reason. Just because your brothers or sisters pick on you, you don't have to wish death upon them.

The truth is that I couldn't really pick one because they both bullied me as much as the other, and my logic is that if you can't pick neither, then choose the other way out.

In retrospect, I should have questioned them. And insist on an answer just like they did. Only difference is that their siblings probably didn't pick on them which would make it harder to answer.