About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, October 07, 2005

 

One Morning...

I got a platinum replacement for the gold chain around my neck at this awesomely funky new departmental store, which deals in anything or everything. The replacement was slightly bigger than the one I have now...

There's a ringing sound, and I wake up from that really strange dream that I'm describing to you above. It's a phone call; Rebekah, from school, six-ish years ago. She mentions something about Tania Tan.


Rebekah was this girl in my Form 2 class. which would make it about eight to nine years since I've been acquainted with her. Acquainted is an overstatement. The fact is that I didn't really know her, even though I had a tuition class with her.

She wasn't a very talkative person, or maybe she was, but you could never quite hear her unless you listened at a closer range. I always thought her shy, therefore made an effort to say "hi" once in a while.


So, she works in the line of graphics in the uptown area, and decided to make a personal call to me that mornafternoon. That was sweet, I feel. You know... the usual what-you-up-to, working-yet conversations that can only be classified as "catching up."

I just didn't expect a call from her at all. given that we've never had a conversation longer than the (possibly) three times I might have asked to repeat her softened words.
Her speech can now be more heard through the telephone.

In the end, I'm glad that she actually took the time in contacting me, albeit for a brief moment; even if it was to catch up or to meet up sometime with Tania.

Come to think of it, how did Tania meet up with her? I also wonder who else she called up.

One more thing: I'm reminded of Boon Ying in Form 1 each time I think of the unspoken bit. Heh heh. Just a little!


Comments:
Wait a minute, didn't Rebekah move to Australia? I remember a girl with thick glasses by that name moving. I corresponded with her for awhile. She was really sweet, sent me some eucalyptus leaves.
 
Gosh... I never knew she talked to you guys. She was always such a stranger with the thick specs. I think I spoke less than 10 sentences to her in my whole life...
well well... REBEKAH... interesting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home