About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Thursday, October 06, 2005

 

Overheard @ Work

Hehe, that almost looks like a gig @ venue type dealy. I'm at work, about to leave. Hungarian guy is blasting Dire Straits, which PeteyETParakeetypandarabbitduckpoo would love! I just wish I had sound on my fucking ancient PC. Can't stand this anymore. Tomorrow I am bringing my CD player.

If you work, you must dread the hour after lunch. You know what I'm talking about. You're all ready to get back to work, but your eyelids droop like Christina Ricci's breasts and before you know it, you're drooling over your hand. No amount of blinking or shaking about seems to work, so you resort to disgusting instant coffee.

OOH! Dire Straits - Romeo & Juliet is playing! I love this song, such nice lyrics *sigh* "You promised me everything, you promised me thick and thin, now you just say, oh Romeo, yea I used to have a scene with him."
:(

Once I started to write a story based on the lyrics, but melodrama took over and held it hostage. So anyway, back to coffee. I overheard a conversation in the office pantry. Not that I was being a S-N-double O-P, if you're standing there and people are talking at normal volume, it's not considered eavesdropping. It was a boring conversation about snacks but a couple of lines taken out of context cracked me up.

Lady 1 is spreading some good ol' peanut butter on a slice of bread. "It's that time of month when you feel like eating nuts." HEHEHE, NUTS!1

She goes on to tell her friend, who happens to be eating some watermelon, "Put some on your melons."

(No, she wasn't referring to the PB.)

Have I mentioned I hate this fucking piece of shit computer? It's so goddamn slow sometimes. There are 3 writers here, with 3 crappy computers, and only 1 decent replacement. We had a mini discussion over who would get this 1 decent replacement. I, being the nice person I am, offered to sacrifice my sanity as someone else had a crappier computer. Now I'm not so sure. Right after, I was attacked by the Blue Screen of Death. You know, this prehistoric contraption is so old I am stuck with a choice of 2 equally medieval keyboards as none of the others have the same plug thingy.

W.
T.
F.


Comments:
Lol! Now I see what you meant by the nut & melon thing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home