About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 

Very cold days, apparently

While in One Utama today returning the items my company borrowed for the photoshoot, something amusing caught my eye. I had just parked my car, and so had another car a few slots away. Four young guys, probably old enough to be in some college or other, got out of the car, chatting pretty loudly, in an annoying hey-look-at-me-i'm-so-cool (*ahem* attention whore) way. Since their voices beckoned me so, I obliged. They were all around my height, maybe a little taller, rather skinny and well groomed. Their hair was spiked up in the manner of Japanese rock stars, albeit undyed, and the clothes they were wearing was minimalist, yet stylish. All except one of them, which particularly caught my eye.

This one guy (or girl, I wasn't too sure because I really only saw s/he from the back), was the most stylish of the lot. His/her hair was spiked up even more nicely than the rest of his/her posse. From what little I could glimpse of his/her side profile, s/he had nose piercings, and, his/her face was pale, and effeminate-looking.
In fact, I will just further refer to this androgynous person as "it". In that one glance, "it" looked like "it" could really be a Japanese rock star on holiday in Malaysia. However, that wasn't quite what caught my eye. What caught my eye was the clothes "it" was wearing. "It" was dressed completely in black, from head to toe. And "it" was wearing a black coat. Like the kind you see on sale in MNG for winter wear. Complete WITH FUR TRIMMINGS.

So it rained a little on my way to One Utama. So maybe the weather today was a little cold in the evening. But honey, it still ain't cold enough to be wearing clothes like that in perpetually sweaty-hot Malaysia. So, Mr/Miss I'm-Too-Cool-For-Either-You-Or-This-Weather, by trying to look cool and impress people, you are really just showing everyone what a sad dumbass you are. Seriously, I love fashion just as much as you do, and I would more than anything love to own a coat like that, but even more seriously, clothes like that just aren't practical here. Live with it, and I don't mean in the manner that I saw today. Otherwise just haul your jackass over to Japan where you will fit in with every other stylish looking person on the street.