About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Sunday, December 25, 2005

 

Feliz...

Yesterday, the night before Christmas: ...was the only time (for me) a can of (unfinished) beer would have been duly replaced with a newer and much colder one; which was usually followed by the expression, "Old one, old one..."

The food was good, the weather not so, and the environment was somewhat new to me. Packets of Nasi Lemak from Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa--said to be the best Nasi Lemak around--lay in a basket at one corner next to the dozens of oysters (Kilpatrick, or I'm mistaken).

From sushi, to spaghetti, to Laura's Selection of self-made chocolates as door gifts. That's where I was, Laura of Laura's Selection's most welcoming home, a retired insurance agent delving into a new business of chocolates.

Yes, we sampled some of her products. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of chocolates (and I'm still not), but I ate every nut-filled piece handed to me. If rich belgian chocolates are your thing, you would have liked it muchly.

Merry Christmas, people!