About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, December 23, 2005

 

Insomnia?

I haven't been sleeping well for the past week - something highly unusual for me. Usually I oversleep because I slept late the previous night(s), and my sleep is usually so sound that even if a bomb went off next door I probably wouldn't hear it. In fact, there are only two known surefire ways of waking me: by violently shaking me, or calling me on my handphone. And even then, if I'm tired enough, I won't be able to crawl out of bed - I'll just fall asleep again, only to wake up at 9.30am (or god forbid, 10am), just in time to realize that I'm late for work.

Since Monday, however, something strange happened - I automatically woke up when my alarm clock rang. I haven't heard my alarm clock ring for a few months now, and yes, I set it every night before I go to sleep in the hopes that I'll hear it ring in the morning, nevermind the chances of that happening are 0.0001%. On Monday morning I was quite surprised, but that pretty much turned to shock when it continued till Thursday. I wasn't exactly getting more sleep than usual, either, since my sleeping time the whole week was about 2am. And the sleep pattern was always the same - I'd get some weird dream bordering on a nightmare, then suddenly wake up when the alarm rang.

Then on Thursday, I felt actually tired enough to just go to sleep early. I hoped that by doing that I could reset that pattern and get myself more sleep. So I went to sleep at 12am. When I next opened my eyes, it was still pitch black outside. In shock, I grabbed my alarm clock and shone the light on it. It read 6.45am. WTF.

I know this enables me to actually wake up in time for work now, but I really hope this freakiness doesn't continue past this week.


Comments:
I want to be able to sleep, goddamit. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't wake up feeling like I never slept at all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home