About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 

That picture of me where I'm present but you can't really see me

A picture my colleague took of me at the PC Fair in KLCC last Saturday. Nothing too remarkable, I suppose, but I thought the angle it was taken at made it look funky. It reminds me of this other picture Gary took of me & Florence back in college:
Why? Because I'm there, but you can't see my face. I also happen to like this one because of the contrast. I'm fair, she's dark, I'm dressed in black, and she's wearing white. That and it looks like she's distressed because I'm pissed at her, but I swear that wasn't what happened ^^;

For years, I didn't quite have a picture of myself on my computer except that one. It was always really weird when I chatted with people over ICQ and they wanted to see how I looked, because I had no other photo except The One Where I'm There But You Can't Quite See My Face. The conversation usually went something like this:

Someone: So....can I see what you look like?
Me: *pause* Umm, I don't really have a picture of myself.
Someone: Don't be so shy lar, I can mail you mine too, so it's more like an exchange.
Me: *pause* Umm, I really don't have a picture of myself. *pause again* Well, except this one where you can't see my face...
Someone: Huh? Err, just email it to me?
Me: Umm, if you say so... *mails pic*
Someone: Umm, so which one is you?
Me: Umm, the one whose face you can't see?
Someone: Wow, you look pissed.
Me: Why, thank you.

Well, it was either that, or I'd get "You have a nice side profile." Or, remarked my (mean) friend one day while pondering my facial features, "You know, you don't look so scary from the side." I no longer hang out with this "friend", for reasons other than insulting me.

*ahem* Anyway, with this picture, now I have another photo of me where I'm there, but you can't quite see my face. Joy!