About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Potential employment?

I had an interview yesterday courtesy of Kel passing my contact to his friend, who happened to be looking for a graphic designer. Yay! It was in Damansara Perdana at 5pm. One of the first things I noticed - that place is a parking nightmare. It took me about 20 mins to find somewhere to park where no one will saman me, then I got out of the car and walked down the long row of shophouses to get to the office. STRAIGHT into my ex-boyfriend.

Cue staring at each other. Awkward smiling.

I was the first to open my mouth. "Hey," I said. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm stressed," he replied. "Just walking around to clear my mind."

I hit the panic button. "You, uh, work around here?"

He nodded and waved in the general area of shophouses.

"Which company?" AS IF I COULDN'T BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS.

"It's called X."

Thankfully, that's not the one I'm headed to. I breathe a sigh of relief.

Silence.

"Uh, my interviewer's probably waiting for me," I point down the row. Grin. "Better get going."

He smiled at me, and we parted.

The interview itself went alright, I think. There were a few questions he asked which I didn't answer directly, for some odd reason. Apparently he's an ex-LICT (LUCCT?) student too. He told me that Damansara Perdana was an ex-LICT/LUCCT-infested heaven. Which explains why I ran into my ex.

"Hey, do you know Y person?" he suddenly asked me.

I furrow my brow. Name sounded familiar. "No, I don't think so."

He looks confused. "Are you sure?" he asked again. "He's this tall, pale, skinny Malay guy."

I look confused too. "Well, he sounds familiar, but I don't think so."

"Hmm, odd," he remarked. "I thought you were going out with him."

Oh, that guy.

"No, I wasn't," I replied. "It was his friend I was going out with."

"Oh." Pause. "You had short hair in college, didn't you?"

My jaw dropped. OMG LAH, what is with people I don't know recognizing me??!!! *headdesk*

Later on, when his colleagues came back, he took me on a little tour of the office, which he described as "basic, not really nice, but comfy enough place to work in." He lied. The place is SO PRETTY. And I had to rewind and replay my little monologue about my work to his partner.

Basically everything went ok, I think. I'm quite impressed with their work, as well as with the place overall. And they seem like nice people to work with (I think).

But I'm really not sure if I won't go crazy working in another small, quiet environment.


Comments:
least it wont have backstabbing boss. heh.
 
Maybe. But I still won't really have anyone to talk to :p
 
u can always try and work there first to see? =D
 
oooh boon dong dong!good luck!
 
And you never shared with me? You horrid person!

Ex? You had one??
 
Share what? The job or the ex? :p You can have the ex. As for the job, I did! :p I asked them if they needed to hire more people, trying to fit you into the picture. So many times, in fact, that they were giving me this weird look. LOL.

More on the ex - hello, I'm no longer going out with you-know-who. Umm, unless you never knew about it in the first place, then I'll tell you elsewhere. Don't really want to talk about it here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home