About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, April 21, 2006

 

Texhnolyze

I finally got my hands on Texhnolyze, an anime from the creators of Serial Experiments Lain, my favourite anime, and immediately launched into rabid fanboy mode. Never have I fallen so hard for anything in my entire life (well, if you discount Significant Other, anyway). The experience of watching Serial Experiments Lain completely ruined anime for me. No longer did I want to watch anything I considered sub-par to its excellent style, mood, setting, storytelling and the layers upon layers of meaning in every single scene. I'd watch it over and over again and not get tired of watching it, completely awestruck every time. So when I sat down to watch it yesterday night, I guess it was no surprise that I didn't realize it was six in the morning and I had work to go to at nine. Anyway, here's the opening video to spread the rabid fandboy love. I know this sort of stuff isn't for everyone though, so please don't come and tell me it sucks because the pacing is bad. Yes, it is very, VERY slow. But I LIKE it that way, and its part of what made it so good.