About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Dettol kills

I have a habit of showering late at night, right before I go to bed. Since the bathroom is located at the back of the house, near the drains, every now and then we have a problem with insects and what-not climbing into the bathroom. If it's a milipede, I spray it down the drain with the showerhead. If it's a lizard, I leave it alone (except for that one time I saw a house lizard close to the size of my arm on the windowpane, but that's a story for another time). If it's a roach, however, I run screaming and whine for the nearest person still awake to smack 'em dead (Well, actually, no. If everyone's already asleep I wake someone up so they can get rid of it for me. Haha).

So I did my routine check-all-corners-for-anything-unusual before properly stepping into the shower. Halfway showering, however, I turned around and spied a cockroach on the wall. I recoiled in horror. Where the hell did that come in from?! I looked around quickly. My clothes were on the other side of the bathroom. I consider bolting out of the bathroom wet, naked and screaming for the nearest person to save me. Ummm, not an option I'd like to consider.

Against my will, I forced myself to observe the cockroach. How its feelers were feeling its way up the wall. How its feet were touching the wall tentatively, looking for a solid grip. Ewwwwww. Well, at least there are no wings on its back, which means it's not the flying type. Feeling slightly relieved, I continue staring at the cockroach. It was slowly, but surely, climbing down the wall onto the floor. I panic again. Then something catches my eye.

Sitting there on the bathroom shelf was a newly purchased bottle of Dettol. I suddenly remember Significant Other telling me that Dettol kills roaches and reach my hand out for the bottle. Then a thought crosses my mind - what if it doesn't die, and ends up scuttling around the room and me? I remember the one time a cockroach ran across my neck and face. Shudder.

Just as I was about to pull my hand back, opportunity struck. The roach slipped and fell onto the floor on its back. I grabbed the Dettol with lightning speed, unscrewed it and poured some of its contents over the roach.

The roach tried to flip itself around and wriggled its legs in the air helplessly as the Dettol splattered all over it. Few twitches later and it's dead.

Take that, you filthy pervert.

I spray its dead body down the drain with the showerhead.

Final score: Me - 1, Roach - 0

Yay me!

P.S.: This is my first ever roach kill.

Mental note to self: Stop showering so late at night.


Comments:
At least you can still stare at the roach. I simply ... can not T__T
 
add me to your blog add me to your blog ... wonder if she gets the hint *.*
 
Dahling, you need to have a listed blog for me to add you under my links. Unless what you're asking is for me to make you a contributor to my blog :/
 
listed blog eh?
I know i have a blog. thats uhmm http://epochalypse.blogspot.com

there.
 
That's more like it. How come it doesn't show up under your profile?
 
Ido know? (I dunno).

on the other hand - the roach will get you one day to uppance the score ya know ;p
 
Eep.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home