About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Friday, May 19, 2006

 

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue

"Why can't I find a nice pair of faded blue straightcut jeans?" has been my personal grouse for the past few months, as anyone closely acquainted with me would know. The pair of faded blue jeans that I owned wasn't worn out yet, but since I've actually put on some weight (wow, I put on some weight. Imagine that) since I've bought it aeons ago, I can no longer fit into them properly. Well, to be fair, they still fit. If you call fitting into them being able to put them on although they're tight as hell and being forced to pop the button after dinner or be threatened with asphyxiation.

One day I gave up the battle and decided to buy myself a new pair. I was in need of shopping therapy anyway, I reasoned. So I happily went out in search for a nice pair of jeans that I could call my replacement. Months later, my replacement was nowhere in sight. All that I had been able to find were dark coloured jeans, both plain and washed, which were apparently all the rage at the moment. Sure, there was Levi's. Unfortunately, I hate Levi's. I sank into despair and moaned to Ee Ee Poh Poh about my woes.

"Faded blue jeans are all the rage right now over here in the States," she told me. "You know how fashion trends here tend to hit Malaysia after a couple of months, so don't worry, you'll probably be able to find it then."

Comforted by her eternal wisdom, I postponed my search for the perfect faded blue jeans and my shopping itch fell into a deep slumber, to be awakened when the time was right...

It happened a few days ago. I went to scratch the itch today. After work, I left for 1 Utama to shop for several items of interest (which I so happened to blog about some time back). My search for jeans had long faded into memory, but since I was walking around the mall having fun, I thought to myself, why not. I looked at everything (which was a bit of a mistake, since I saw so many gorgeous clothes I want but cannot afford, and have no need for, anyway). Then I saw it.

It was the perfect blue. The exact shade of faded blue I had been searching for for so many months. It was straightcut. Within my price range. Had nothing "funny" on it. A simple pair of faded blue jeans. Could it be THE one? I had my doubts. The material was a bit thin. And it was yet another super low-cut pair of pants, which honestly I have had enough of. I can't have ALL of my pants looking like that. But I had heard the blue's siren call and was too weak to resist it. Besides, there were only two pairs left. I went to the dressing room to try it on. It looked FANTASTIC on me. I was sold, mostly. But Significant Other was coming in a bit to join me for dinner. Why not get his opinion on it first before splurging? A second opinion is always good, after all.

So I gave it back to the sales assistant and walked out of the store. Half an hour later, Significant Other arrives, and I persuade him to take a look at the jeans. We walked back to the store. I looked at the racks. Both pairs were gone. Ok, I thought to myself, I just tried one on, it's probably still in the dressing room. So I went to the dressing room. Sure enough, there it was hanging on the rack. I picked it up and looked. It was one size bigger than the one I tried on.

I called the sales assistant over. "Remember that pair of jeans I just tried on just now?" I asked. "Do you still have one size smaller?"

"Let me check," she said, and turned on her walkie talkie. Few seconds later, she looks at me apologetically. "I'm sorry miss, but we're out of stock."

I walked back to Significant Other, who was waiting elsewhere in the store. Seeing my face, he asks, "Are you ok? Didn't you want me to look at something? What's wrong?"

My reply: WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh T__T

Oh well, there's always the branch in Mid Valley. Failing that, I could buy another pair from another store which looked just as good. But it won't be perfect blue.

:(


Comments:
Ouch ^^;;;

That really hurts..
 
I don't know the character of your significant other but I'm guessing 80% chance he'll say "It looks good!" or something to that effect. Thus, probably should have bought it first. xP
 
--- sgh-

more drama over things that cover you @$$ :p

MUAHAhAhA
 
Well, I found the jeans at Mid Valley. So I obviously bought them. And a few other items :p Now I'm broke but happy. Wheee!
 
Told ya you could find them at the branch store :p *lixx*
 
And thus ends the current episode of Professional Shop Hunters.
 
Join us next week, when she goes in search for the elusive TOP or marooquoiseen!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home