About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Breakdown

Work kinda got to me. Late last week I had a press ad and a logo to handle, Arguably not a lot of work, but the press ad required copywriting which I suck at (although weirdly enough, I never seem to have trouble coming up with blog titles), and the logo was stressful because it's a big BIG project (to me, anyway). As expected, I had major trouble trying to come up with an impressive tagline for the ad, and as for the logo...well, I had never done anything like that before, and perfectionist me was worried about majorly screwing up. Throw in a couple of side projects I had to finish and tight deadlines and you have a nervous wreck.

I really started work early enough, but getting stumped on the tagline delayed the press ad till early this week. I started on the logo on time as well, but trying to figure out a name and trying to come up with something polished (which my work is still not) was a bit of a uphill climb to me. All that resulted in me sleeping late trying to crack my panicked self for a tagline and impressive logo, waking up feeling cranky and then trying not to fall asleep at noon at work, and then getting even more freaked out because the deadline is close and I still haven't gotten any ideas yet. Rinse and repeat. I swear I was so stressed I got chest pains and was half-wondering if work would be easier if I drowned myself in some alco in the middle of the afternoon (hey, I don't smoke, after all). I finally broke down Tuesday night and wailed to Gary about how I sucked and wasn't good enough to be where I was and doubted that I was going to go anywhere, that maybe I should quit and go back to designing websites or magazines, etc. Feel really bad about burdening him with my negativity now ^^;

Anyway, the work's finally been done and it feels like this massive weight have been lifted off my chest. Many thanks to everyone (Gary especially :D) for the help and kind words. To those who didn't hear about it, er, it's really because I feel that I should learn how to do the work on my own without leaning on anyone for help because hey, I gotta learn how to handle it by myself one day, right? Besides, it still is my work :/

Now to go catch up on my lost sleep. Toodles!


Comments:
LOL, so similar to my story, just yesterday I stayed up studying till 3-4 and waking up at 6 to continue studying then to do my last exam for the semester at 9 then now I'm back home .....to sleep. Yes,of course terrible. Haha. C'est la vie~
 
Yeouch. Hehe, I miss college. Used to sleep 2 hours a day (or not sleep at all) for a week because all my projects were due that week. Great fun seeing all the zombies at school the next day. Work is a hell lot more stressful though, mostly because there's less room for you to screw up. Fail classes, and you can retake again (at a cost). Screw up work, and the ramifications of that are too horrible to think about, especially in something like my industry.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home