About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

The mystery of the fluctuating dress size

A week ago, I finally got ahold of a dress I could wear to Significant Other's annual company dinner. All that was missing was an evening bag for me to tote. My destination: my usual shopping haunt, 1 Utama, mostly because I can't be arsed to go any further unless there's an MNG sale, which requires a trip down to MidValley Megamall to get your money's worth. But I also wanted to watch Superman Returns, and the only place we thought we had any chance of getting tickets was at the newly opened Cathay cinema at The Curve. So I wound up wandering there instead, dropping by the shops to see if they had any nice evening bags I could use. But as most shopping stories go, you don't end up buying only what you want (unless you're a straight guy). In fact, I was walking past a store when I saw the most drop dead gorgeous sea-green gypsy-inspired skirt.

My finger shot right up to point at the skirt. "Oh my god, what a gorgeous skirt!" I squealed to Significant Other.

He gave me this odd look. "What is with you and skirts now?" he asked with a confused look on his face (I just bought one from the MNG sale last week. Also, notice how girly this post is *vomits*).

I couldn't stop myself, so I stopped by to try the skirt on. The S was a size too small, so the salesgirl brought me the M. It was GORGEOUS. Then my self-doubt kicked in. You don't wear skirts. You'll never wear this one either. Hello, look at the colour. What the hell are you going to wear it with?

Thankfully there were plenty left on the rack, so I left the store telling myself I'd think about it. Barely three hours passed when I told my self-doubt to fuck off and ran back for the skirt. The salesgirl smiled when I walked back in, and brought me a new one, size M, just like the one which fit me.

I happily went off to watch Superman Returns
(very good movie. Brandon Routh is SO HOT! He makes goody-two-shoes boy scouts absolutely delicious. Mmmmm). When I got home, I tried on the skirt again.

It was too small.

Odd, I thought, and checked the size. It said EUR - M / USA - S / MAL - M. I was confused. Was that an S or M? I wondered. Maybe she got it mixed up, and gave me an S.

I went back to the store the next day and asked for one size bigger, an EUR - L / USA - M / MAL - L. My self doubt nagged at me to try it on, but there were a lot of people in the shop, and I was somewhat confident that it HAD to be one size bigger than the one I tried on. So I went home and tried it again.

The skirt fell all the way down past my hips, like a low-slung pair of jeans.

Ok, either their sizes fluctuate or my weight does.

I went back to the store again and explained my utter confusion to the salesgirl. She was confused as well and suggested trying on the
EUR - M / USA - S / MAL - M sizes that were on the rack. She brought me two. So I went to the dressing room to try it on, and guess what? They both fitted me PERFECTLY.

So I decided to take one of the ones off the rack, instead of a new copy. By the time I got home I was paranoid. What if I decided to try it on and IT WON'T FIT ME AGAIN? So I tried it again. Verdict - the skirt still fits.

Although I might try again tomorrow, just to be sure.

Updated: With pictures!



Comments:
You're kidding me right? What is with you and that skirt? That is so not you, it looks so... Bohemian hippy...

from,

The guy with a lot of monsters in his bedroom
 
*ahem* It's because I'm now a long haired ger ger who likes to gigger gigger over Rain :p And let's not forget Brandon Routh :p
 
Oooh but Routh is SO HAWT, how can any girl resist? XDD

( and i think Rain is cute in a dorky way hahahaha ) And you'd heard what I wanted to say about your lovely skirt, so I'm just randomly spamming your comment box :D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home