About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Monday, August 07, 2006

 

Only You (Part Two)

A few weeks ago, Significant Other and I were having a late night dinner at the drivethrough McDonalds near The Curve when I heard a very familiar tune. The speakers were significantly softer than the ones at the Subang drivethrough, but it was unmistakable.

"On-ly youuuuuu.....dooo dooo doo doo dooooo-"

I burst out laughing. Significant Other stares at me like I've just been possessed by the devil. "Why are you suddenly laughing like that?" he asks suspisicously.

The knowledge that he loves classic music comes to mind, and I laugh even harder. Man, he is not going to take this very well. But I decide to torture him anyway, loving girlfriend that I am. I point to the speakers. "Listen," I giggle.

He strains to listen to the music over the din. "Dooo doo doo doo doooo doo-" He looks at me curiously.

I hold up my hand. "Wait for it," I said excitedly.

"Dooo dooo doo doo...On-ly youuuuuuu.....can make....this wooorlddd seem right.... dooo dooo-"

Significant Other looks at me with a mortified expression on his face. "WHAT IS THAT??!"

I burst out laughing again. "Well, from what I gather, it's some weird dance remix of Only You."

"WHATT??!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!"

"HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA-"

"HOW COULD THEY??!!! WHO DID THIS??!! I'M GOING TO KILL WHO DID THIS!!!!"

"HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

"MY EARS!! I CAN'T GET THIS ABOMINATION OUT OF MY HEAD!!!"

"HAHAHA but it's SO FUNNY!!!"

"NO IT'S NOT!!! IT'S HORRIBLE!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA~!! Well, actually, I've been trying to find this song over for awhile."

"Oh my god WHYY??!"

"Umm, because it's funny?"

"IT'S NOT FUNNY!!"

"Pfft. You have no sense of humour."

"....Well, actually, I have this colleague whose job is to more or less keep a look out for music. Maybe he knows."

"Really??!"

"I dunno, let me go ask him and see what he says."


Comments:
Post mp3 or song info plz
 
You know, if I knew, it would be up already. My 'spy network' has been running all over the place trying to find out but to no luck. Or maybe no one wants to admit to doing it because of the backlash :p

In any case, there's still more to come.
 
You could always try your luck and hang around McDs drivethroughs long enough to hear the song play.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home