About Me

Contributors

Friends

Links

Archive

Other

Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

Why I should never be left alone while driving to somewhere new

Monday night I decided to do something out of the blue hue of my ordinary routine and pop by the place of a friend who I haven't seen in months.

"Where are you staying now?" I asked over the phone.

"Oh, you know, where I used to stay last time in Kelana Jaya. At Tiara Kelana," he explained.

A thought bubble that said "Ehh, wasn't that place called Kelana Putera?" popped above my head. But hey, I am a blur person, I probably got the name of the place wrong. So I got in my car and drove to the condominium where he was staying at and squinted around to look for the signboard announcing the name of the place. It was too dark. Well, he DID use to stay here, so I found a place to park outside, and rang his phone to let him know that I just arrived.

"Why don't you just park inside?" he asked.

"I can park inside? Since when?"

"Uhm, since a long time ago? Just tell the guard that you're here to see me and he'll let you in. You can park right outside my block, it's the one after the curve in the road. You'll see a basketball court to the right, although it's a bit dark out, just park on the left hand side, that's for visitors."

"Ok." I start my car, drove up to the guard booth and told him my friend's unit number and block. The guard let me in.

The place was kinda big, so I drove around attempting to look for a basketball court to my right. I went one round around the whole place and never found it.

I called my friend. "Uhhh, where did you say your block was again? I don't see any basketball court."

"Umm, are you lost?"

I looked around. "I think so?"

"What?? How can you get lost?!"

"Why not??!"

"Okay, tell you what, I'll come down and walk around the place till I find you."

I glanced around. Tall condominiums loomed over me. "Uhh, are you sure about that?" Place is kinda big, innit.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute."

"Ok." I sit in my car and waited for five minutes. Then I called him again.

"Yup?"

"You're not lost too, are you?"

"Lost??! I went around the whole place and I didn't find you! I asked the guard if anyone was looking for me and he said no!"

"HUH??!"

"*SIGH* You're at the wrong apartment, aren't you?"

"Urm."

"It's Tiara Kelana, you know, not KELANA PUTERA."

"Urm."

"Tiara Kelana is the one next to the stadium!!!"

"Oh. What? Wait a minute, since when did you ever stay there?"

"A few years ago?"

"Oh. Well, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT, you know."

I meekly drove my car out and head towards Tiara Kelana. When I got there, I understood why he couldn't get why I said I was lost. Tiara Kelana consists of ONE SQUARE, with one apartment block taking up EACH CORNER.

I drove around the corner and peered for a basketball court. I couldn't see anything in the dark. So I drove up a little further. This big sign with the words "BLOCK C" came into view. That's his block, I thought. But I don't see a basketball court! ...Umm, maybe there's something else further up? So I drove on some more.

And ended up back at the guardhouse. There was no way to go around without going out, so the guard had to let me out and in again. Talk about embarassing. This time, I drove up to the signboard and called him again.

"I don't see a basketball court!!" I claimed indignantly.

"What??! *Sigh* Well, I can see you from my window here...look to your right now and tell me what you see."

I turned to my right and squinted in the darkness. The silhoutte of trees were illuminated by the lights from the apartment units opposite.

"I see......a......garden?" I said with uncertainity in my voice.

"WHAT??! ....Argh, nevermind, get your ass up here. I'm 3A##"

"Ok." I park my car, walk to his block, went inside the elevator and pressed for the third floor. Then I walked up to ## and called him again.

"I'm outside."

"Ok, I'll open up and let you in."

Maybe two minutes pass. I shift my weight around from foot to foot. My phone rings. It's him.

"Yup?"

"3A is fourth floor."

"OH."

Later on, when I was leaving, he walked me out to the spot where he asked me to look to the right. I looked again, and said yes, isn't this a freaking garden or something? He sighed loudly and pointed to a corner a little further off to the right of where I was looking. So I turned and looked.

Lo and behold, under a lit streetlamp was a basketball hoop.

Well, to my defense, it was dark, mmm kay?


Comments:
This friend is Xeos right? This incident must have caused him some serious stress. No wonder he's back in GW. :P

And yeah, he mentioned Tiara Kelana so I'm guessing it's him. xD
 
It happens :P

Hey, I have a friend with a blog of the same name! :)

paul
 
aerox: Yup, it's him. Poor, poor Xeos.

savante: Lol, was that how you found my blog? :p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home